Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> headlights up or down, change wiring
jfort
post Jul 22 2003, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Jim Chambers kindly forwarded the followiing instructions for changing the headlight switch wiring so that the headlights stay down until the second stop:

Question: How do you rewire headlight circuit so lights stay down on first "click" (parking lights) of switch?
Disconnect battery ground strap.
Remove two screws, allowing fuse panel to drop, and unscrew bezel allowing headlight switch to be pulled out from rear so terminals are visible (leave all connected).
Terminal "K" on the switch has 3 gray wires attached. One is a jumper to terminal 58b. Remove the smaller (diameter) of the other two gray wires from "K" and attach it to terminal 56 of switch (has re/white lead on it).
Reconnect battery, give switch a try, and if all OK, disconnect battery again, replace switch and fuse panel, reconnect battery final time.

I tried it. One of the "other two gray wires" has two wires coming into the same terminal so I am not sure which is the smaller one. I can try it both ways. Then, does the smaller of the other two gray wires on K go to terminal 56 IN ADDITION to the red/white wire already on 56, or IN PLACE OF IT?? If the former, I'll need to find one of those connectors that allows TWO female connectors onto the same male terminal. If the latter, what happens to the red/white wire?

Can anybody help??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jfort   headlights up or down   Jul 22 2003, 08:08 AM
Demick   You need to leave the red/white wire on the #56 te...   Jul 22 2003, 08:51 AM
garyh     Jul 22 2003, 11:22 AM
Brad Roberts   Gary.. ALL factory sixes raise there headlights o...   Jul 22 2003, 11:25 AM
garyh   Nevermind.....

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:45 AM