Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Sway bar install, Trying to figure out how everything goes together
roundtwo
post Jun 13 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,905
Region Association: Central California

Trying to get prepped for all my welding needs. Id like to Pre-fit the rear sway bar so I can determine exactly we’re to mount the bushing mount backing plates. I want to be sure they’re perpendicular to the sway bar in just the right spot
1. See first pick. Do I install the bushings in the drop links first and then install the ball ends? Or, do I install the ball cups on the balls and then have them pressed into the drop links? Any tips on how to get these hard bushings into the drop links?

2. Do I simply replace the new shock base metal rod labeled #1 with #2. See second pic

I’ve read the rear sway bar mounts instructions on the Pelican Parts web site. Very helpful- He just doesn’t cover the actual sway bar assembly. Bar is 16mm. Installing on a 1970.

Many thanks.

Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 07:23 PM