Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OE 1.7 Fuel Pump fails only when hot?, NOT Vapor Lock
jrmdir
post Aug 21 2021, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,544
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi: After months of battling all the d-jet and fuel delivery woes there could be in a car that sat for 3 years +, I finally had a breakthrough week and it's running/driving like a real car. Still needs fine tuning but I was able to actually test drive it for 15 min. Then let it idle in my driveway while doing more fiddling.

Ready to put it back in the garage and it wouldn't start. All crank / no fuel (pressure gauge still installed.) So I pulled the FP relay and ran 12v directly to the pump relay output socket - nothing. After a while I decided to put it on the lift to see if I could see 12v at the pump and lo and behold it started right up. FP running normally.

This is an original 1.7 three barb fuel pump. Are there any anecdotal stories of this sort of failure mode? I'm eventually going to redo everything fuel-related with new pump and SS lines but those projects are down the line right now and I'm not sure if I should trust it as is while I keep sorting out other issues.

TIA

Ron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:09 PM