Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Running on two cylinders ?, What could be causing this ?
dralf
post Jul 25 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

Teener Sick, (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)
Well, my diagnosis is as follows: Bought a battery charger / alternator tester tonight. Strapped it on and bingo, alternator is bad. I will double-check all the connections another day when the temperature is back down in the double digits. I had it idling and I am not sure what possessed me to do it but I pulled # 2 spark plug wire. The engine has been running rough lately. Well what do you know; it still runs just as rough and no change. I was not brave enough to put my tongue on the spark plug wire, but my timing light said I was getting a spark. I pulled the injector wire and the engine did not change. Doing the same for #1 cylinder caused it to sputter and almost die. SO…..I think the injector may be bad or not getting a signal. I wondered over to the other side of the car and try it with #3 cylinder and it too is not running. # 4 is OK.

So with that being said, do I have a trigger points problem, or is there something else?
I cannot believe that both injectors are plugged at about the same time, but then my luck is not that good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:44 AM