Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Track alignment GT Tribute for race/track
jhynesrockmtn
post Sep 8 2021, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi, progressing with my car. GT Jager Tribute. 6 Cyl, GT bracing, Bilstein shocks all around, rears are adjustable, from PO notes the rear springs are sport, either 180 or 200 lbs, 21 or 22mm front torsion bars, rubber bushings, 22 mm front sway bar, no rear. Wheels are 15*8 rear and 15*7 front Fuchs, Toyo R888.

I had it on track for the first since putting it back together. Some issues but a good shake down weekend.

My biggest issues were soft pedal which we worked on with bleeding and more bleeding. Brakes are 19mm MC, Carrera rotors and calipers, race pads.

I was also getting darting under braking which caused me to be too long on the pedal and I think I either warped a rotor and/or screwed up a wheel bearing. I was getting a bad shudder at the wheel under braking at the end.

It wasn't aligned properly before the weekend. I ran out of time. It goes in for that next Wednesday.

Given my approximate setup, what base alignment should I give the tech who's going to work on the car. It will be used for vintage race and DE's.

Thanks for any feedback.

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 01:57 PM