Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Injection Help Please, 74 1.8 LJet
SteveL
post Oct 19 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 991
Region Association: None

OK - this all started a while back with the engine dying after running for a while and getting warm. Extensive troubleshooting followed.
Here is Where I am at:
New SMP Injectors and injector seals.
Connected HF fuel pressure gauge. Fuel pressure is good.
After installing new injectors, it ran good, until I broke one of the fuel injector connector wires while buttoning things back up.
Checked out the harness, and it is pretty questionable, even if I made the repair I could see. So, bought a rebuilt harness from Bowlsby.
Installed FI harness, and while I was in there, I replaced all vacuum lines, including the manifold connector hoses, and intake manifold gaskets.
All back together, now it cranks and gives 3 outcomes:
1: No start at all
2: Fires, runs for a cycle or two, then dies
3: Fires, revs up to about 3k, then dies (throttle action makes no difference)
I have rechecked all harness connections, they are solid. Rechecked vacuum lines, they LOOK correct, but we all know that if it looked right the first time, it will still look right the second time.

Help!!!! I am in MN and only have a few more weeks before the dreaded white crap falls from the sky and ends the season.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 10:30 AM