Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> explanation of the Ferrari 308 vs 914-6 caliper, differences and necessary mods to use 308 caliper
jim dorociak
post Mar 5 2022, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,966
Region Association: Southern California

Ok - I started down a slippery slope and now am faced with exactly what to do to wrap up my calipers.
Initially had refurbished 4 cylinder calipers and wanted to split and run vented rotors, well the spacers from 911 calipers do not fit, so I decided to look for 914-6 rear calipers knowing that I already had the spacer blocks from the 911 calipers - and then I ran across some Ferrario 308 calipers and thought I had the final solution as they already have spacer blocks and started a restoration of these calipers. I managed to get them disassembled, and all the parts gold zinc plated and am ready for assembly only to bump into Eric Shea at the last swap meet in LA last weekend and he mentioned that the bleeder valve was in the opposite end of the caliper compared to the 914-6 and the proper way was to have the caliper half drilled in the 914-6 location and run two bleeder valves - So is it the need to have the bleeder valve at the top of the caliper as the -6 caliper is so it works properly or could you just not do the modification to drill and run 2 bleeder valves - a convenience factor or must do to properly bleed the caliper?

Who used the 308 calipers and did you do the dual valve set up???

I look forward to any discussions and experiences you guys can share.

Jim. jdorociak@gmail.com,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:02 PM