Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel injection issues....car down going on three months...help!, I have tested, broken, repaired many things but still nuthin'...
second wind
post May 28 2022, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

Hello teener world....my fuel pump was having intermittent on/off issues and after messing up a few wires and swapping a few relays it seems to be consistently working now...new Optima battery didn't hurt things...still doesn't run and after a good three hour attack yesterday with seasoned 914'er figured out there is no gas coming out of the injectors.....plenty of pressure in the fuel rails but no spray out of the injectors. Got a pop or two after jiggling a few ground wires but all the ground wires seem to be nailed down down. The consensus is that it is either the wiring harness is messed up or the ECU may be bad. The wires have cracks in the plastic covering of course and everyone says that the ECU going bad is very rare....but possible. I would really appreciate your opinion on the subject and my car is a 1973 2.0 in case someone has a spare ECU on hand. Thank you very much and I need to get back on the road bad....I am only as happy as my car is running...I'm funny that way.
All the best,
Greg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:30 PM