Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hell hole drainage, Has it been done before - hell hole drainage?
TonyH
post May 29 2022, 08:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,296
Region Association: France

Good afternoon everyone,

I am about to drop the rear suspension on my 1975 914 to replace the suspension bushes. I have removed the engine and transmission and got to thinking about the inherent hell hole rust problems.

As we have all discovered, the 914 is a superb very under rated vehicle but, it does have one or two quirks, including a bad hair day piece of design with water/battery acid collecting in the area under the battery mounting tray. Then this corrosion eating its' way through the structure below.

I am lucky, my car seems solid enough but I have seen some horror stories with some cars folding in half through rusting.

Therefore, before I repair the rear suspension bushes I thought I would ask the question of the knowledgable people on 914 world... has anyone ever installed some decent size drain tubes in the hell hole to get round this ongoing problem?

If they have, can you link me with any information or videos please? If they have not tried installing these drainage tubes I might have a go. If I do, I will post a video of my efforts on my Youtube channel and send you all the link.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:20 PM