Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear window seal failure, Getting too hot from the Subie motor?
theer
post Jul 25 2022, 12:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

Question for the intelligentsia:

My rear window seal failed on my Subie-swapped car, and I've noticed the firewall gets really warm. There's no backpad (yet), but there is a layer of sound deadening on the inside. No engine compartment pad, either. I can feel the heat radiating off the firewall. I haven't taken the temp, but I'd guess it's 120-130 degrees. Perfect for those 90+ degree summer days. The fresh air fan is not installed (yet) either, and my ice-powered swamp cooler contraption just can't compete.

Driving home yesterday, I noticed the window glass was actually warm to the touch and thought perhaps the heat is causing the butyl seal to soften and the weight of the glass pulls itself off.

I recently put the stock air flaps underneath in the hope that they would draw more cooling air through. No discernable difference.

Anyone else getting that kind of heat from their engine compartment? Would the engine compartment pad help? How do others get the heat to flow out?

Thanks,
Tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 05:54 PM