Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 Restoration, Bringing my Late fathers 6 back to life and need advice
Rockshredder
post Oct 14 2022, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,920
Region Association: None

Good evening everyone,

My Late father gave me his 914-6 before he passed. Unfortunately the car has sat dormant for the past 25 years.
The Good ; it is a legit 6 bought new by my father in 1970. Everything is original. All numbers match
The Bad ; because it sat for 25 years the engine, tranny, calipers, brake lines, and pretty much everything will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
The Ugly ; there is a fair amount of rust in the hellhole area underneath the battery tray, including the battery tray. I see the rust also flowed down to the floor near where the drain from the engine compartment drains. There was also rust on the body, however I sanded it down to stop it from getting deeper.

The car has been in the family longer than I have, so my sole intent is to keep the car and restore it back to its showroom condition. Definitely not interested in selling, sentimental reasons.
I am looking for advice on where to take the engine for rebuild, where to get the tranny rebuilt, where to purchase calipers or caliper seals, where to purchase 914 parts to start the process.
Who would be a amazing sheet metal guy/girl that can tackle the hellhole and other areas needing attention? A good body shop with rotisserie for bodywork and paint after sheet metal is completed.
I am in the Las Vegas area, I can transport the car anywhere in the southwest area if there is an incredible shop that can complete the project. Or if there is an incr3dible shop in the Las Vegas area that can handle this project please let me know. I don’t think I want to send it to Atlanta to the Porsche Factory restoration shop, however if you tell me that’s the best bet, then I will consider it.
Thank you in advance for any advice and information.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:50 AM