Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> help with oil leak, 914 case of unknown history
Al Meredith
post Oct 18 2022, 12:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,061

I am building a 2056 for a friend and it is mounted on my run up stand and fires right up as expected but has a serious oil leak on the 3/4 side . Not the filter ,not the oil cooler, not the pressure switch. I replaced the push rod tubes and installed Vuton O rings. Oil is coming from above the air diverter plate above the pushrod tubes . The diverter plate is filling it's pockets with oil. I removed the plate and see no Leake.I removed the spark plugs and turned over with the starter motor and got 25PSI {I have a direct reading guage installed) can see no leaks . When running I'm pumping over 50PSI . NOW I NEED SOME HELP .Can the small "freeze plug in the main oil passage be leaking? I have NEVER had a plug leak and with checking some other builders including my Son who has built many T4 s for his own race car and many others . If this is a problem can I repair with "JB" weld? Please help, I hate to have to take this apart and start over. AL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 06:06 PM