Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No idle when hot, Update on recent tests
ltex
post Aug 8 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,535

Hello again ..

Update on recent testing results regarding idle dropping to zero when the car is hot.

Fuel pressure is a steady and constant 36 lbs. Maybe a bit on the high side, but apparently is not the cause of the problem.

Vacuum measured out at 10-12, until the idle went south, then it went flipping all over from 1 to 5. Jack up the RPMs and vacuum went up as high as 20, then settled down at 10-12 for idle, then back to 1-5 when the idle decided to go south.

I did find a vacuum line that comes out from under the air cleaner that has been cut and plugged. As far as I could read the diagram, I think it goes to the oil breather.

If I pull the plug on this line (open it up) the engine races madly, which may be why it is plugged. If I run a line to the oil breather, would I be able to tone down the idle from 4500 rpm?

What would cause such a situation?

Thank you again for all the assistance, I'm having such a wonderful time not driving my car! *sigh*

Lonny

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:16 PM