Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> question about the bracket that holds the engine lid on firewall, mine appears to be cracked and easily bent now i have a gap
DRPHIL914
post Feb 27 2023, 06:53 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

i should have titled this : "another bonehead move"

Getting the car cleaned up for Werks after finishing the mechanical stuff, i had left my phone on the engine deck lid while doing clay bar to the trunk, fast forward 20 minutes , i forget where my phone is, i open the lid to reinstall the drain hoses and heater blower, and upon completing this i go to close the lid, but of course my phone had slid back to the window and into the gap at the window by the passenger side bracket, I never slam the lid i am slow and deliberate but still, it appears that with the phone wedged in there it pushed down the lid bending the bracket( at first i thought the lid might also now have a slight bend/warp to it) either way i removed the lid and found the bracket was bent down about 20 degrees and there is a crack, it looks old like a stress crack at the corner of the bracket.
so has any one else had this bracket bend or crack?? i suppose my only fix will be to have someone reweld and strengthen that corner, or replace it but that would be easy, is there a replacement bracket made by anyone??

Phil
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:45 PM