Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What is the steering cross bar angle?
DaveB
post Apr 30 2023, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,107
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am doing some fit checking on the steering rack with a 911 cross bar. I noticed the cross bar angle wasn't at 90 degrees for the A-Arm. The body is level and I seated the cross bar so the bar and braces fit into the body nipples and are flush. I used a level and calculated the angle to be 86.3 degrees or 3.7 degrees off center to be going straight across to the front of the A-Arm. I can't find a reference to verify this angle is correct and since I'm using a 911 cross member and aftermarket brackets, I'd like to know if this is correct or something I need to fix. The pictures below will help explain the angle I measured.

Attached Image

The above picture is the 911 cross bar and steering rack bolted flush to the body

Attached Image

The above photo is the end of the cross bar that fits into the A-Arm.

Attached Image

I used a feeler gage and level to determine the gap at the bottom. It's not exact but close enough to get a measurement. Both sides had the same angle which was 3.7 degrees off center.

Anyone know if this angle is correct?

Thanks,

DaveB
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:26 AM