Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "Assist" fuel pump on dual Weber system, Takes awhile to get fuel to the carbs when first starting after sitting
mewing
post Jul 18 2023, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,744
Region Association: None

I searched and did not find this issue addressed in the last few years in the forums, but if I missed it, feel free to direct me to the post.

I think I covered it in the topic description, but when my '76 2.0 with a dual Weber system has been sitting for a week (I know, drive it every day!), it takes so much cranking to get fuel back to the carbs that I usually spray a little starting fluid over the carbs to get it to fire sooner and get the fuel moving. I have heard of adding a small (10psi or so) 12v fuel pump between the tank and the carbs, to electrically pump fuel back there so the engine will fire quicker without so much cranking and heating up the starter.

Has anyone done this with success? If so, what pump did you use?

Thanks in advance!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:02 AM