Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber Idle Circuit Mystery
Conrad192
post Sep 3 2023, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,154
Region Association: South East States

I installed a new set of Weber IDF 40's on a bone stock '76 2.0

One of the carbs appears to have a dead idle circuit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Car runs like crap below 2000 rpm's. It's happy spot is 3000. idle it's rough. Pull the wire on cylinder 1 or 2 and it makes zero difference in the idle. Pull 1 or 4 and it immediately changes the idle.

Here is what I know:

Floats height is set at 10MM

Carbs are spotlessly clean. Every orifice has been blown out with carb cleaner and check with guitar wire. Then blown out again with 100 psi of air.

New wires, spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap, and new 009 dizzy.

Removing plug and grounding to engine, the spark plugs are firing.
Compression is 130 lbs.

Valves are adjusted properly.

Air by-pass screws are FULLY closed.

Butterly is FULLY closed

The fuel adjustment screws were originally set to 2.5 turns out, but they make absolutely zero difference in the idle speed.

pump circuit works correctly.

I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with this carb. Given that they have never ran correctly it makes me wonder if there is a factory defect and the intersecting bores are not drilled properly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:48 AM