Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Filed VIN Numbers
jbegood2000
post Aug 20 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,984

I know I'm probably not the first dummy to get a bad car so I was hoping you guys can tell me what to do with this. I bought "73" earlier this year, tuned it up and it ran like crap....so I took it to a shop and after $1,000 in parts and $850 in labor the car runs like new....so no problem there

I took the car home after being in the shop for two months and popped the front open and the VIN numbers have been filed off the car. I made the mistake of buying the car first and getting educated later now I find out my '73 has '70 or '71 interior (even the dash is a '70 0r '71) so I'm thinking maybe my car is a hack job with somebody making two cars out of one somewhere down the line. I'm thinking now that car is probably worthless and can't even be scrapped because the VIN numbers on the fenderwell are gone..the numbers on the headlight housing and the windshield state is a '73 but the evidence points that the car obviously is not.

My guess is that I may have to take all the new parts off and put them on my '72 and sue the guy who sold it to me in small claims for the difference (labor and purchase price for the car) as what was supposed to a valuable year model has been misrepresnted whether intentional or not. Have any of you guys ever had to go through this and maybe can give me some advice on what to do/not do ?

Thanks,

Larry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 05:41 AM