Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Carb Question about Very High Air Flow on Synchrometer
Craigers17
post Jan 11 2024, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

Recently I tried installing my new 123 Disty, and, so far, I haven't had success. I ended up putting my old disty back in, and I've got it running again, but it won't hold idle. I put my sychrometer on each stack and they are all reading around 20, which is way high.

Normally, if I have the carbs dialed in correctly, my air flow meter usually reads somewhere from around 5.5 to 7 or so. I've never seen the synchrometer register any where near that high....much less on both carbs. The car did sit non-running for about 6 weeks, so the only thing that immediately comes to mind is that the jets all need cleaning. I'm gonna address that over the weekend, but wondered if anyone here had any ideas as to what might cause the air flow reading to be so high? I only had the car at about 1500 RPM when I took the readings. The carbs are dual 40's, with 28's, and neither the venturis nor any jet sizes or settings have changed in the last 8 months or so.

Any suggestions in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 01:44 PM