Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windshield wipers parking in middle of windshield WTH?!
DC_neun_vierzehn
post Mar 14 2024, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,893
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

From day one when I bought my 914 a couple of years ago, when I turned the wipers on, they would park wherever they were on the windshield when I turned the wiper switch to the off position (they would NOT go back to the normal park position at 9:00).

Thus, I had to keep turning the switch on and off until I got them where they should park at the bottom of the windshield at 9:00.

I thought replacing the wiper switch would do the trick. I installed a NOS SWF wiper switch and now the wipers go to a park position after turning the switch off, but that park position is at about 1:00. I tried removing the wiper arms and adjusting them to see if I could solve the problem, but no dice.

With the wiper arms removed, and the wiper switch in the off position, I should be able to install the wiper arms at the 9:00 position and when I turn the switch on they should operate properly.

But when I do that and turn the switch on, they go down onto the hood. In order to avoid the wipers from going onto the hood I have install them at the 1:00 position and when I turn the switch on they clean the whole windshield but park at 1:00 when the switch is in the off position.

What the heck is going on here?

It's almost like the PO installed the wiper motor backwards. Is that even possible?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 04:22 AM