|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
| 914rrr |
Sep 30 2026, 08:01 PM
Post
#1
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,108 Joined: 1-July 03 From: McMinnville, TN Member No.: 874 Region Association: South East States |
I just purchased a Fiberfab Aztec 7 Kit Car.
I bought (traded for ) another Aztec 7 in the early 80's. It was my daily driver in college for a couple of years before it caught fire and was totalled. I've always been half looking for one since and just missed out on a yellow one last year. I was browsing FB Marketplace and found this one. Contacted the seller and purchased it last weekend. It's based on a 72 VW Beetle with a 1600 dual port engine, a 2bbl Holley Weber, header exhaust and AC (weird looking AC compressor), etc. In true 80's style it has (had) a CB/AM/FM radio unit (missing) with a "deluxe" mic that has the channel changer, volume dial, etc. built in. It sort of looks like a mini voice recorder at first glance and also has a retractable CB/AM/FM antenna (broken). One big upgrade from the original kit was curved laminated glass side windows, as the OG ones were plexiglass. They're currently out of the car in storage The engine had some odd looking gizmos hanging off of it and wondered what they were. I climbed in the car and looked up and spotted it, an aftermarket push button cruise control system panel mounted in the overhead console! That also explained why there were these weird beaded chains dangling from the clutch and brake pedals. I don't ever remember seeing a cruise control system on an air-cooled VW. Here's a few pics. |
914rrr SOT: My Recent Aztec 7 VW Kit Car purchase, with a few unusual features Sep 30 2026, 08:01 PM
Shivers When you hit 88 mph do you go back to the 80’s. ... Sep 30 2026, 08:43 PM
infraredcalvin I read Aztec (Aztek) and kit car and I really didn... Sep 30 2026, 08:56 PM
sixnotfour
I read Aztec (Aztek) and kit car and I really did... Sep 30 2026, 10:03 PM![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 11:49 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |