|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
| Speedo |
Oct 5 2026, 04:29 PM
Post
#1
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 673 Joined: 7-November 06 From: Boulder Member No.: 7,170 Region Association: Rocky Mountains
|
I only put 1.5-2 gallons in my tank to fire up my 2.4 MFI engine, reason being that it's less to drain if I had to pull the tank. Completely new fuel system (think dry). I'm not getting any delivery into my fuel filter console, and from what I see, minimal fuel to the pump...just enough to leak out past the O ring in the electrical connection. So as it wasn't pushing any fuel into the input in the fuel filter console...I figured the pump was shot so I bought a pump off Pelican that was rebuilt, actually very stuck and seller has now gone dark. Meanwhile the pump I replaced still runs, but I don't like leaky pumps. Sourced another pump from a local shop which spins up nicely. I have triple checked all my plumbing and it is correct. I know some of these triple nipple Bosch fuel pumps are good "pullers" and others "good pushers". I got to thinking about head pressure as my pump is mounted under the engine tin behind the passenger side, but it is right up against the tin. So with little gas in the tank and a dry system trying first to pull and then to push up to the fuel filter console mounted level with the battery, maybe I don't have enough head pressure and I should at least add another 4 gallons to the tank. Further I am thinking that maybe I should pour some fuel backward into the fuel pump to prime it, and the line from D (delivery) up to the input on the fuel filter console AND fill the console up as well. My thinking is that this will reduce some of the vacuum in the pump and the lines and create enough suction for the pump to fill the lines. Thoughts? The increased head pressure should push fuel into the supply on the other end reducing how hard the pump has to "pull" to get fuel. I'm open to ideas... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
|
Speedo How much gas do I need Oct 5 2026, 04:29 PM
76-914 Have you verified that the lines aren't crosse... Oct 5 2026, 05:09 PM
Ishley I would drain the tank⦠pull it and check the li... Oct 5 2026, 06:07 PM
Speedo I already pulled the tank to re-inspect the lines.... Oct 5 2026, 07:07 PM
76-914
I already pulled the tank to re-inspect the lines... Oct 5 2026, 07:15 PM![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 6th October 2026 - 12:08 AM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |