Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Changing my username
Part Pricer
post Sep 21 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

I wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to change my username on the 914 Club forum.

This decision is not a reflection of any of the controversy that is currently going on in the forum. I could care less regarding the content that people choose to post. However, I have found that I need to step away from it just a bit.

Since the beginning, I have always used my real name as my username. I am proud to be a 914 owner and never felt the need to hide behind a screen name. But, something occurred last week that caused me to pause and give things some serious thought. Then, I saw something posted tonight that spurred me to take action.

Last week, I was interviewing for a job that I really wanted. During the interview, I was asked if I had checked out the company on the Internet. I replied that I had indeed checked out their web site as well as done a Google search on them.

They told me that they had also done the same with me. They knew that I own a 914, they knew that I compete in AX, they knew that I had designed the logo for the local PCA region, they knew that I had designed some web-based apps and they mistakenly thought that I was a gymnastics judge.

So, I determined that it may be best if my real name is not in the same thread as a strategically-placed butterfly tattoo.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)

The name associated with this post wil change as soon as a member of the admin team gets around to it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Part Pricer   Changing my username   Sep 21 2005, 05:58 PM
Aaron Cox   done   Sep 21 2005, 06:01 PM
Qarl   Great... who were you?   Sep 21 2005, 06:08 PM
SLITS   did they also tell you about the chip they imbedde...   Sep 21 2005, 06:09 PM
scottb   i want to be called "bob who is called bob save f...   Sep 21 2005, 06:11 PM
Aaron Cox   ex - paul heery   Sep 21 2005, 06:25 PM
lapuwali   Lots of companies are googling prospective employe...   Sep 21 2005, 06:27 PM
sgomes   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/h...   Sep 21 2005, 07:03 PM
qa1142   do you just enter your name and search on google? ...   Sep 21 2005, 07:32 PM
qa1142   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/htm...   Sep 21 2005, 07:34 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:51 AM