Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone have experience with Air/Fuel Guages?
dcruiksh914
post Oct 4 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,514
Region Association: Upper MidWest

After it was suggested that installing an O2 sensor and Air fuel gauge would make tuning a much easier and more accurate task, I got the stuff and went for it. I got 2 O2 sensors and 2 gauges (one for each exhaust bank), and installed. I used the 3 wire sensor as I had read that the 1 wire needs the heat of the engine to get it going. So, everything is in, and it doesn't seem to be working, or I've got a strange problem. The gauges, which have a five bar LED readout ranging from Lean to Rich, suggest that I'm running very lean (just one bar lit). Sometimes, that bar goes out and I get no readout at all. I can adjust my A/F mixture screws all the way out with no affect at all on the gauge reading. I know my car has been running rich, so if anything, the gauges should be indicating the extreme opposite. I called the Summit tech line, and they said that I have everything installed correctly and it should work.

I'm running a 3.0SC engine with webers and 916-6 factory heat exchangers. I placed the O2 sensors about 2" down from where all three pipes come together.

This seemed like a great idea, but now... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/pinch.gif)

Anyone have any experience with doing this and any thoughts about what's going on here?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dcruiksh914   Anyone have experience with Air/Fuel Guages?   Oct 4 2005, 09:41 PM
McMark   You can search for wideband o2 sensor and read a t...   Oct 4 2005, 10:10 PM
iamchappy   First off the engine really needs to get warmed up...   Oct 4 2005, 10:13 PM
lapuwali   Sorry to say, but what you bought is only marginal...   Oct 4 2005, 10:14 PM
Jake Raby   Buy the LM-1 it works excellent.. I use it in the ...   Oct 4 2005, 10:27 PM
EMRoadster   Excellent tool, the only way to go if you want mix...   Oct 6 2005, 08:52 PM
iamchappy   My gauge just gives me an estimate on whats going ...   Oct 6 2005, 09:00 PM
Mark Henry  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:32 PM