Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Floor panel questions
VaccaRabite
post Oct 13 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

OKay, so the tar is up off my floor panels. There is surface rust, but none of it is through. I tried to drive a phillps screwdriver though the worst section of it, but could not - even tapping it with a hammer. So, I think that my floor panels are in pretty good shape.

But I have a few questions.

1) there are 2 holes on the forward passinger floor panel, up near where the passingers toes might be. They look drilled, as if for hoses. Also, thre is no rust around them. What are they? Should I weld over them? The holes are about 1/2 inch wide, and there are 2 of them. They are not there on the drivers side.

2) on the drivers side, direcly behind the seat bracket holders, there are two eye bolts through the floor pan. They are rusted around, and I think they were put there later. Very large metal washer on the bottom (road side) of the pan. I am guessing they were for a racing harness? Are they needed? Safe to remove them and weld over the holes?

3) On the driver and passinger side floor pans there are two metal studs. What are they? What do they hold?

4) on the ebrake, there is a sheet metal cover over the cables that control the brake. It is rusty, and there is more rust under it that I can't get too. Should I cut it off? Just push a lot of rust stabilizer under it? If I cut it off, do I need to replace it?

5) How many metal tubes are in the center tunnel? I know that the shift linkage is there. But there are two metal tubes running the length of the tunnel, and some rubber hose. I don't see the white plastic fuel line. I am trying to figure out if this has already been replaced with the metal tubes, or if it is just hiding out of view through the inspection plate. *edit* More likely that the black rubber hose is fuel line. But I am being opimistic. Before the gas tank goes back in, and after the engine comes out, I will be running stainless steel fuel lines.... */edit*

Thanks guys!

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Vacca Rabite   Floor panel questions   Oct 13 2005, 08:19 AM
watsonrx13   1) there are 2 holes on the forward passinger floo...   Oct 13 2005, 09:25 AM
Vacca Rabite  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:30 PM