Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Interior Light, Different Types
tyler
post Dec 23 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,192

Can someone tell me about the backpad light? I'v got a supposed late model interior but the light has no switch. According to the wiring diagram there's also a direct ground wire to the switch, meaning the light has three wires off the back. Are all these lenses same shape, so if I find one with a switch, it will fit inside the chrome piece?
I notice the ones on Ebay are more money than the one that AA sells, but that's not uncommon.
BTW, I'm putting in new door switches and the new replacements that AA sells are real cheapos, exposed spring and all. And the switch makes the ground so the ground wire is eliminated (only 2 terminals). I haven't figured out the buzzer circut yet - none of the red wires seem to be a ground contact but that must be how it works.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:33 AM