Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT Flouresent light noise, on radio how to I kill it.
Porcharu
post Dec 27 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,518
Region Association: Northern California

I have 5 identical light fixtures (2-40 watt tubes with electronic ballast) in my garage, 3 of them broadcast AM strongly (strong engough to interfere with car radios in front of my house) 2 of are silent. I have compared the wiring of all of them and they are identical. On one of the noisy ones I redid all of the connections, made sure the ground lug on the case was bare metal and added a ground wire to the ballast. Result - no change.
If only one tube is installed the light makes no noise, with two it screams. The source of the noise seems to be the wires between the ballast and the tubes and the tubes themselves.
I am getting ready to try an input filter (corcom type) and some beads on those wires.
Any other suggestions? I'm really tired of having a dark shop. I can't just return them because I have had them almost a year now. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:00 PM