Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> rocker covers removal
lincoln
post Jan 5 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,253
Region Association: None

well hopefully it wont be raining this weekend- plan on removing rockers to assess the rust damages . pass side jack hole is pretty much gone i figure , since i can almost yank out the jack tube . hopefully it wont be as bad as im expecting , car doesnt seem to have much rust issues in the areas i see folks have most ( trunk floors/floorpans/battery tray area) i was actually surprised to see the battery tray holding its own well, could this be due to the rain cover on the engine cover still being in place?i DO need to replace the drain funnels tho- both are ripped and taped back together with electrical tape - might be able to replace those with some plastic tubing from work tho- funnel ends are ok still as are the brackets that hold them

either way the floors are gonna get a coat of POR 15 along with the battery tray and engine bay firewalls- more as a preventative measure than anything-anywhere rust might try to hide
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:25 AM