Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.0L stock rebuild to 1974 spec
tshih914
post Jan 10 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,426

Finally started to assemble 2.0L
Hi All,

Just finished removing the old main bearings and installed new ARP rod bolts and rod bearings onto the crankshaft of the 1975 2.0L engine being rebuilt from complete strip down and cleaning.

Question 1. instructions say torque bolts with assembly lube 3X at 40ft-lbs. Measure stretch at 0.048-0.052". I didn't notice any stretch remained at 6.00cm before and after torqueing. Can one over-torque these ARP bolts?

Question 2. I have new Euro 2.0 pistons and cylinders to install and intend to weigh each piston/rings and balance them to the rods (which weigh 788.2 gm, 788.3gm, 789.4gm and 787.7gm).
How would the expert builder match the piston weights to these rods? Heaviest pistons to lightest rods so all combinations are as equal along the crank as possible?

Question 3. Forgot to make a checklist for what items needed to go back into case before sealing halves together with locktite 574.
should I disturb the original case plugs or leave them alone?

I remember to insert new cam with new standard cam bearings, oil sump baffle, time the cam to crank, new main bearings, what else am I forgetting?

Just weighed the pistons and wrist pins and their weights are 723.10grams, 723.33 gm, 723.84 gm, and 722.96gm. Pretty close grouping (I'm impressed by Mahle for having such tight tolerances)!.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 08:08 AM