Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> burning a lot of fuel
jsf322
post Mar 5 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,220

I've had my 914 now since mid January and I am just about through the second tank of gas. I put 126 miles on the car and I am down to just over 1/4 tank of fuel left. I did a quick 30 mile run on a full tank and refilled and found the car to be getting about 20mpg. It is a 1976 2.0 without an air pump or cat and just under 44K miles on the car. It has new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. The plugs were black like it is running rich and it smells rich when it first starts. Also starting it is a little trouble. It starts right away, but stalls twice and then on the third try it will keep running if I keep the RPMs up for about 5-10 seconds and then let it idle. Idle is usually fairly consistent, but sometimes will vary between about 800 RPM and 1200RPM. I have not gotten to checking much more on the car since it has been too cold here in New York to do much. This is my first 914. I have ideas where to start but not certain. I will be having the valves adjusted by a local shop that does a lot of VW's and some Porsches in the next week or two. I do have some fuel leaking at the fuel filler cap, but I do not see enough that I think it would make a difference in the amount of fuel I use.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:45 AM