Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - Computer Help - New Laptop, Moving hard-drive files & programs
riverman
post Mar 23 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Learn As I Go

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

I'm picking my new laptop this afternoon and I want to know if I need to buy additional cables or anything while I'm down there.

I want to transfer all the programs and files from my old computer to my new one. I see that Microsoft XP has a file transfer wizard, but will this transfer stuff like my Firefox (and all the bookmarks), Google desktop, Adware, Adobe and such? What about my subcription programs like my internet, anti-virus and i-tunes - will I be able to transfer them, or will I have to re-subscribe? How is the transfer done? Do you burn discs or can you hook the two machines together? I just want my new machine to work sort of like my old one (only better) and I don't want to f'ing around loading software all night.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 02:25 AM