Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PAINT!!!, what do i need to know?
Hydra
post Mar 24 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Quia nominor LEO

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,261

Hey there,
It's been a long time coming, but there it is, the day i prep my car for painting (after 2 full media blasting sessions in the past 10 month, you know why it's taken such a while)
After reading up each and every website i could get my paws on, about painting, priming, filling, sanding, etc... i kind of got messed up, too many details, very poorly organized, and too many brand-oriented info...
So i thought about putting up an organized detailed list of everything one needs to know, in order to get his car fillled, primed and ready for paint and do that in his own garage...
What we need, will most probably be a good summary of all the stuff that's already been written on the club's forum, plus any missing stuff... And make a classic thread out of it (for us CSOBs who need to do everything at minimum cost)
the basics would be:
-different terms used and what they mean (Wash-primer, filler, sealent, putty, etc...), i know most of us know what they are, but it thought about having it complete...
-different chemicals paints and products are based on (epoxy, polyethylene, water etc..what works with what, and what doesn't...
-A chronology of how those product should go on the car...
etc...
Anyway, that's all i can think of right now.
thank you all for your help.
Nick
p.s: the car is gonna be painted irish green, original color...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 06:09 AM