Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Understeer?, Woah... tha's wierd...
Brando
post Mar 30 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

So, I've been driving the 914 alot more lately (side story to that). And I've noticed since my last alignment that the car seems to have a bit of understeer*

* To clarify, am I correct in saying under-steer is when you turn the steering wheel and the car does not immediately turn (plows a bit)?

So, here's what I got:

Boges all around.
23mm Adjustable bar up front.
Stock rear bar.
Stock tortion bars up front.
120lb springs in back.
Rear ride hieght is 5½" from ground to rockers.
Front ride height is 4½" from ground to rockers.

I do not have money to throw at a solution. I very much would like to keep the rear bar as it does keep the car very stable in wide wide WIDE turns that I like to take very fast. I guess I'm asking, how should I adjust this? Stiffen the front bar? Run it "softer"? Level the car out front and rear? I do not have adjustable perches in the back (consider it stock hardware). New shocks are not an option. When I was running with the front bar alone, I noticed the front of car would stay flat in very tight turns but would plow a little bit -- give it enough gas and it would straighten the ass-end out in the direction I want, when I added the rear bar it made the whole car stay level in turns, but the understeer* remained, was a bit more noticeable. Any suggestions, please fire away.

Thanks. I know I'm crazy, but I can't spare any pennies on my cars for some time. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:00 PM