Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 9 years of 914 ownership and first wreck, Can anyone lend some ins advice
echocanyons
post Apr 2 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

Yesterday it was so nice and the recent rain had let up so I thought I would take the 914 out for a drive.

As I was getting onto the express way, one of the circular on ramps I felt the rear get really light and begin to oversteer, I tried to correct and must have over corrected because I ended up eating the gaurd rail.
I couldn't have been going very fast but the guard rail was about 2-3 inches above the top of the bumper and just went right through the front fender.
The whole drivers quarter is toast and I am hoping that it can be fixed but there is a lot of damage and I'm not so sure.

So now I guess I have to see what if the insurance thinks its toast or fixable
Any advice from those who have dealt with insurance on this kind of situation before?

I'll add pics of the carnage later but here it is just a week before.

I cant get this sick feeling out of my stomach (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/icon8.gif)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-2-1143408324.jpg)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
echocanyons   9 years of 914 ownership and first wreck   Apr 2 2006, 01:47 PM
r_towle   Sorry to hear the accident, but happy you are ok.....   Apr 2 2006, 01:54 PM
porschecb   What kind of coverage do you have? and with whom?   Apr 2 2006, 01:57 PM
!   If you aren't a PCA member get one who is....t...   Apr 2 2006, 02:03 PM
brp914   Yep, 914's become very un-914-like in rain. G...   Apr 2 2006, 02:06 PM
echocanyons   Fortunately I walked away with out a scratch, even...   Apr 2 2006, 02:11 PM
!  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:16 PM