Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stuck Injector, argh...
yarin
post Apr 9 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

Just when you think you take every precaution possible....

YEpp.. i pinpointed my problem tuning megasquirt. I started the car up today, the #4 cylinder was dripping fuel on the ground, leaking from anywhere possible. I touch the exhaust pipe, COLD, actually only one was really hot.

So I pulled the injector out of the manifold and run the fuel pump with nothing else powered. SQUIRTTTTTTT, gushing stream of fuel into my water bottle.

I had these injectors tested and cleaned. What gives? Is it possible that I somehow damaged this injector during tuning to cause it to be stuck open? The impedences across all four are equal and normal ~3.4Ohms or so.

I guess i'm looking for another 2.0 injector, ASAP!

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
yarin   Stuck Injector   Apr 9 2006, 12:45 PM
jkeyzer   Is it possible you miswired something such that th...   Apr 9 2006, 03:00 PM
yarin   Nope.. nothing miswired. injectors dont have polar...   Apr 9 2006, 03:08 PM
yarin   I did some thinking and this whole thing makes a l...   Apr 9 2006, 05:00 PM
DNHunt   I had the CHT fail one time with Megasquirt. It th...   Apr 9 2006, 06:26 PM
yarin     Apr 10 2006, 09:03 AM
crash914   yarin, You should have received the injectors ye...   Apr 13 2006, 06:38 AM
yarin  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:13 AM