Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Realistic Streetable 914-6 Target Weight
Rufus
post Apr 9 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,840
Region Association: None

Gents- I didn't want to hijack the other current thread on weight reduction, so I started anew....

I'm just as sick as (maybe sicker than) all you "sicko's" here:

I'm having my 1970 914-6 remade into a 'hotrod' by the same gent that did the car in the recent Excellence issue (it's been there waiting patiently for quite a while). The 914 has huge all-out performance potential while still providing decent driver protection if done right. I've had this project in mind for 20+ years since my CRXSi was passed by a 914-6 like it was standing still.

I've done a lot of 'weight reduction' research on this forum, but haven't found the direct answer I seek. (There's so much detailed discussion of this topic that maybe I've just missed the right thread.)

I plan to drive my car on the street; no track, maybe / maybe no AX. In order to remain street legal, I plan to retain lights, turnsignals, horn, windshield, and maybe wipers (at least for initial inspection.....then will remove; I don't plan to drive at all in the rain/wet.)

Is my target weight of 1800 lbs reasonable with a cage, windhield and roof (maybe composite)?

I'm planning the removal of all sound deadening, the use of plexiglass everywhere except the windshield, fiberglass body / carbon fiber body parts, PCCB brakes, lightweight racing seats, only minimal carpet / door panels.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the VarioRam added significant weight compared to a 2.0 - 3.0l engine, so let's ignore that factor for the moment.....

How close will this come? Feel free to PM me with known car weight's and what was done to acheive it.

I'm sorry for being so long winded. Thanks in advance for any help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:53 AM