Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anti-knock tester?, How to set timing on non-stock engines
ThinAir
post Apr 22 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

I suspect that my engine has a pre-ignition issue. Although my son Mike can hear such an event, he's 3 hours away. I know from previous experience that we can both stand next the same engine and I can't hear what he can hear.

Modern engines with engine management systems rely on anti-knock sensors to adjust the timing so that they can run as close to pre-ignition as possible without it actually happening. So what about those of us is older engines like the Type IV? Is there a knock sensor that can be attached while setting the timing so that we can accomplish the same thing?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ThinAir914   Anti-knock tester?   Apr 22 2006, 01:25 AM
DNHunt   The guys over at Megasquirt are trying to use knoc...   Apr 22 2006, 07:11 AM
ThinAir914   This came up after I finished my rebuild. This is...   Apr 22 2006, 12:01 PM
lapuwali   You don't really NEED a knock sensor. As Dave...   Apr 22 2006, 01:59 PM
ThinAir914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:43 PM