Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First Dash Crack - I'm so bummed!, Is there anything I can do?
ThinAir
post Apr 22 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

When I bought my 73 three years ago one of the selling points was that there were no cracks in the dashboard. I've taken good care of it - it's cool here in Flagstaff - and I regularly use windshield sun-screens, but despite this I noticed this week that I've gotten a crack in the dashboard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Is there anything I can squeeze into it to make it cosmetically better and maybe even keep it from getting larger or longer? I thought of using some black RTV, but I don't know of anything else that would be a candidate and I don't know whether it would really work at all.

Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ThinAir914   First Dash Crack - I'm so bummed!   Apr 22 2006, 01:41 AM
Andyrew   33 year old dashes dont last forever. Mine has on...   Apr 22 2006, 04:41 AM
watsonrx13   Here in the Tampa Bay area there's a company c...   Apr 22 2006, 06:42 AM
Brew   :agree: What Rob said! It's a franchise, ...   Apr 22 2006, 06:59 AM
WRX914   John, I think you can find it at West Marine on L...   Apr 22 2006, 12:20 PM
LvSteveH  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:46 PM