Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Megasquirt - Assistance Needed, Very strange problem
yarin
post Apr 24 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

I drove the car last thursday, ran fairly rough but had some power. Did some tuning, and had this very odd firing problem. I spent some more time today digging into this, here is what i found:

INJ1 bank hooked up to cyl 1 & 4
when either injector connector disconnected rpm goes up
when either spark plug removed no change

INJ2 bank hooked up to cyl 2 & 3
injector disconnect, seriousl drops rpm

Tried both combos. Alternating, 4 and simultaneous 2. reqfuel 9 / 4.5

So my conclusion is that all cylinders are getting spark, but only two are really firing. Furthermore a quick touch of the exhaust port shows that cyl 4 is running much cooler than cyl 3 after idling for a few minutes. I swapped the cyl 3 and 4 injector drivers and noticed an immediate change in head temp. It sounds like the cyl 1 & 4 are getting fuel, but not igniting. When those cylinders no longer receive fuel, the rpm goes up indicating no combustion, but resistance to compress the fuel.

Make any sense to anyone? I attached my .msq file. I double checked my setting, i made sure i'm only running off 1 table. I just took apart my MS box and can't find any obvious shorts, burns, etc. Keep in mind i'm only looking for this problem at 1000-1500rpm. It's not injector related, its driver related. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Anyone?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  megasquirt200604241728.zip ( 3.29k ) Number of downloads: 39
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
yarin   Megasquirt - Assistance Needed   Apr 24 2006, 04:16 PM
DNHunt   Yarin Get someone to help you check spark. Make s...   Apr 24 2006, 04:55 PM
lapuwali   I think the one bank thing is if you're runnin...   Apr 24 2006, 05:02 PM
yarin  
  Apr 28 2006, 02:51 PM
yarin  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:51 AM