Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Powder coating for dummies
ninefourteener
post May 8 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

So yesterday I was in Sears getting a new wheel for my lawnmower (don't ask)..... and I came across a powder coating gun for like $130 (ish) dollars.

Plus, I saw the little "packets" of colored powder for next to nothing..... and I thought to myself... "Is it really this easy and cheap"???

Am I missing something? I really know nothing about powder coating, other than the awesome final product. Is it really this easy? Am I missing something?

I thought about powder coating the original wheels on the WRX in a satin black.... is a $130 gun, and a few packets of "black" all I need???

----confused.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ninefourteener   OT: Powder coating for dummies   May 8 2006, 12:06 PM
zymurgist   You need an oven that you won't be cooking foo...   May 8 2006, 12:26 PM
StratPlayer   I have the same powder coating gun. I bought it j...   May 8 2006, 12:29 PM
TonyAKAVW   I have a gun that I bought at Harbor Freight and i...   May 8 2006, 12:48 PM
dweymer  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:52 AM