Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> CIS issues
Dr Evil
post May 18 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well today was educational, frustrating and down right angering.

Lots of things happened, but I put them in my other post as this one is specifically to address the below issue(s).

So I had to remove my header and to my dismay/surprise I find about a pint of gas sitting in it by way of the gas getting into my eye (yay).

So, by the looks of things I have/had a stuck injector or the fuel distributor was not working correctly. This engine is a fresh rebuild so the heads are very clean. This made it easy to decide which cylinder was the offending one as #4 was wet and dirty. I cranked my engine over a few times with the header off to see if I could get the fuel to pour out and of course it did not. Now it acts just fine.......but still wont start.

Any ideas on how the gas got there?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   CIS issues   May 18 2006, 08:17 PM
Brando   leaky injector / clogged open. too high of fuel p...   May 18 2006, 08:33 PM
iamchappy   Did you prime the CIS by lifting the fuel monitori...   May 18 2006, 08:38 PM
Dr Evil  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:56 PM