Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best it ever has run...at least most of the day until..., I think I need a beer...no, make it a 6 pack
computers4kids
post May 20 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Reinstalled my injectors with new seals, replaced gas line, and secured all the vacucum lines on my 74 1.8 and it ran beautifull---so good, I was all over town today having a blast. I was running through the gears shifting around 4,000 rpm when the car started to act like it was running on 3 rather than 4 cylinders.

I checked under the engine lid and everything looked in order, no loose hoses or spark plug wires that were loose. I even checked under the distributor cap to see if the campufire came loose--nothing.

I figure I'll look at in the AM when I'm fresh...meanwhile I'm having some brewskys hoping nothing to serious has happen.

Where would you go from here to see what has happened??? My thoughts were to idle it up high enough to keep it running and then pull one spark plug wire at a time to see if one of the cylinders is not firing. Then what??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
computers4kids   Best it ever has run...at least most of the day until...   May 20 2006, 08:35 PM
Andyrew   burned a spark plug? a wire? That would be my gue...   May 20 2006, 11:54 PM
Spoke   If you think one cylinder is not firing, after you...   May 21 2006, 06:38 AM
JPB   I'd say SPW not on right or gone. Are you run...   May 21 2006, 07:36 AM
computers4kids  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 02:18 PM