Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Who's got Becker/Blaupunkt radio ?
jsteele22
post May 21 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,653

Since I don't really have anything else to work on on my teener ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) ), I've been thinking about putting a radio in that gaping rectangular hole. I don't care a whole lot about sound quality or iPod inputs, but I want something that looks/feels right. So far, I've been attracted to the Becker Europa and the Blaupunkt Frankfurt. I especially like the ones with L/M/K/U pushbuttons, for that "authentic" German look. (I know, I know...)

Anyway, I've got questions for folks with one of these radios, or something similar :

1) Do they tune fairly easily, and hold a station ? (I sort of remember having to constanly fiddle w/ radios back in those days, but those were probably crappy radios, and probably all AM).

2) Do the other bands (besides AM & FM) have anything ? I've never gotten into shortwave radios, but it seems like it could be fun way to stay distracted on a long trip.

3) Are you happy w/ the vintage radio, or do you tire of it and wish you had a modern system ? Again, I'm not looking for great sound, but I do want something that works and isn't too annoying.

Thx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jsteele22   Who's got Becker/Blaupunkt radio ?   May 21 2006, 04:39 PM
Porsche Rescue   I have a "period correct" Becker Europa ...   May 21 2006, 06:29 PM
Jeff Bowlsby   Becker Mexico units were installed in at least a f...   May 21 2006, 06:44 PM
jimtab   I have a Blaupunkt with a cd player in mine and it...   May 21 2006, 09:38 PM
rickyhgarcia   This is a current model Becker receiver that I ...   May 21 2006, 09:40 PM
turboman808   This might be a bit of a radical idea but I have t...   May 21 2006, 09:49 PM
Cap'n Krusty  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:04 PM