Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Next problem. BOOM, but not running, WTF now?
Dr Evil
post May 23 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So here is the back ground:

I have now checked all of the injectors and they do not leak, spray patterns are consistent, as are flow amounts.

I have checked the CDI hook up and spark and found spark to be present and adequate.

I have checked and rechecked the plug wires and connections and they are correct. Firing order is 1-6-2-4-3-5 going clockwise.

So what the hell am I seeing, or more correctly hearing?

I set the engine to TDC on #1, set dizzy so notch for #1 on the lip of the dizzy is pointing directly at the retainer band for the alt/fan, and set rotor to point at said notch.

I turn the key and it catches and runs mroe than it did before, but it back fires through the air box (good thing I installed the popoff valve) with a thunderous explosion. It almost sounds like there is a plug wire on the wrong plug. I try again after moving the dizzy slightly and I get no running and another explosion.

I had the cold start valve unplugged (I think I do, it is on the right hand side and I pulled the wire out).

So I remove #1 plug and find it to be wet which matched the fuel smell I was getting the whole time. So now I am letting the engine sit for now to evaporate any excess gas.

Please help me generate a check list for what to look at and adjust. Could it be 180 out and still act like this? Do I have a rare crank that changes my firing order (ya right)?

I am wondering why this is being so damn difficult. I wonder if the shop put the cams on the wrong side, or if I am missing some pistons (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:53 PM