Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I hate the rain, I hate the rain, I hate the rain, Rear window seal / gasket
Mike McGrath
post May 25 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,225

So I replaced the original butyl tape on my rear window last weekend with the 3M stuff they sell. It looked like I got a good seal going, but it's been raining this week and I looked inside and it's a big lake on the floor. It is on the side that my wife was holding, so it's probably more her fault. Anyway, the seal itself is still soft, but there is an obvious gap someplace.

Question - do I need to start all over and remove the window from its nice new and super sticky seal or can I just put more butyl tape in the gap beneath the window?

Any ideas?

TIA,

Mike (in Portland)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mike McGrath   I hate the rain, I hate the rain, I hate the rain   May 25 2006, 05:09 PM
TROJANMAN   do you have any pictures ? :) my dad called me t...   May 25 2006, 05:16 PM
Headrage   Maybe you can heat the tape with a hair dryer and ...   May 25 2006, 05:16 PM
Mike McGrath  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:24 AM