Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> VW transporters 96 amp alternators?, or any other alternator updates
michaelmoo
post Jun 8 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,092

A guy over on the bird board has a post about 96 amp alternators that are used on VW transporters. He said they are almost a direct replacement (except the wiring plug needs to be changed). He list a Carquest part number (14062) but my local Carquest say that isn’t a valid part number. All the ones he had listed were 55 or 75 amps.

I did some digging at places like AutoZone and Advance Auto to find that the Vanagans from the 80’s have 96amp alternators. Does anyone know if these are the same (physical) size as ours? It would be nice to have a 96 amp alt.

Has anyone done this or any other “update” on the alternator?

**and yes I know that you can get a 90 amp from one of the vendors. I’m not trying to take sales away form him, I was really looking at what options I have.

Thanks,
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
michaelmoo   VW transporters 96 amp alternators?   Jun 8 2006, 10:01 AM
morphenspectra   i have been wondering this as well :idea: do you ...   Jun 8 2006, 10:21 AM
Mark Henry   A later bus has a 70amp, "should" bolt o...   Jun 8 2006, 10:27 AM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:29 PM