Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> short in right turn signal some place, Ok wiring wizards can you help me
mikelsr
post Jun 10 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,390
Region Association: Southwest Region

When I turn on my right turn signal the fuse blows (left works fine). This happened the second time I drove it this year.

Here is what I am doing, if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them.

1) disconnected the wiring from the front and rear indicators,
2) removed the flasher relay,
3) removed the right side signal wiring from the emergency flasher

and it still indicates a short in the wiring (or course there is still a bulb in line).

To do tomorrow:
4) remove the wiring from the turn signal indicator (or remove the bulb) in the dash (needed to fix the speedo anyway).
5) That should leave me with only the turn signal switch. I removed the steering wheel (always nice to have the proper size socket ahead of time -- I asked my family to get me one for xmas last year and they did). Is there a secret to removing the turn signal switch from the steering column? I haven't attemtped it yet but will tomorrow. With everything disconnected I should only have wiring to look at.

If the wiring shows no shorts, then it is either the turn signal indicator or the turn signal switch. I would suspect the switch.

If there is a short then I have to divide the wiring up between the front and the back. Is there any connectors that can be disconnected that will separate the turn signal wiring front to back?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mikelsr   short in right turn signal some place   Jun 10 2006, 03:15 PM
mikelsr   I forgot to say that I have replaced the flasher a...   Jun 10 2006, 03:36 PM
ejm   Sounds like you're on a logical troubleshootin...   Jun 10 2006, 05:09 PM
mikelsr  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 11:21 PM