Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wipers - How does the spray system operate?
hi4head
post Jun 17 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,819
Region Association: None

I can't find much of anything in my manuals or in searches as to how the wiper spray system actually functions. I know that the tank is supposed to get pressurized from the spare and that pulling on the wiper arm is supposed to allow the spray action to occur.

When I purchased the car it was missing the wiper fluid tank and cap. It did have the connections to the spare tire and the lines leading from the fluid tank. I've purchased a tank and a replacement cap with the short attaching hose.

I think that I've attached things correctly to the tire and have the tire pressure over 35 psi. However, I'm not getting any spray.

My wipers work fine, but no spray when I pull on the lever. Is the lever simply an actuator that opens a valve, or is the something electrical also going on?

Can someone explain how this system is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Chris

Note: Pictures have now been added in a later post that I've made.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
hi4head   Wipers - How does the spray system operate?   Jun 17 2006, 10:52 AM
Aaron Cox   i believe it is strictly a mechanical valve... as ...   Jun 17 2006, 10:56 AM
VWnDRAG   Clogged spray jet? Pull the hose off one of the sp...   Jun 17 2006, 11:08 AM
GWN7   If they leak your lap gets wet........ You probab...   Jun 17 2006, 11:17 AM
Rrrockhound   Don't leave it hooked up to the tire if it doe...   Jun 17 2006, 01:05 PM
The Kelzer  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:18 AM