Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch pedal adjustment, How often is normal? Implications?
BigDBass
post Jun 23 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Dumb Question Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,405
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Last Friday I learned about clutch adjustment. Woohoo... I put on 250-300 miles between the Tri-State 914 gathering and tooling around town here and there.

Yesterday, we took the 914 to the obstetrician. (Is that wrong? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) )
On the way home, I noticed the same symptoms. Sure enough, clutch pedal play was back where it started last week, after only 250-300 miles.

The 2 11mm nuts spin loose enough that I could do it by hand. This time, after I adjusted, I slightly backed off the first, while tightening the locking one behind it. Hopefully this will keep it in place, but is there anything I should watch out for that could be causing this to loosen up so quickly?

Thanks. Time to go for a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) drive. Maybe this weekend preggers will learn to drive manual trans?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) I'm scared.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BigDBass   Clutch pedal adjustment   Jun 23 2006, 04:45 PM
Brad Roberts   I can go for months and months without adjusting t...   Jun 23 2006, 05:32 PM
Brad Roberts   Lots of factors actually: 1.pivot ball on clutch ...   Jun 23 2006, 05:35 PM
davep   Usually once every clutch change. Sounds like you ...   Jun 23 2006, 05:35 PM
wbergtho   ditto what Brad said. Maybe time to break out the ...   Jun 23 2006, 05:35 PM
Bartlett 914   I agree with all the replys above with one excepti...   Jun 23 2006, 05:47 PM
BigDBass   The clutch was replaced in '03 by the PO if th...   Jun 23 2006, 06:00 PM
swl  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 08:39 AM