Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kitcarlson EMS update, Engine Management System Development
KitCarlson
post Oct 6 2003, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,052

A Status Report:

Things are going well on the EMS development.

The hardware has been excellent, no failures, or known limitations.

The DIS with user programmable RPM and MAP advance control has worked great! Sensing means has been trouble free. The dual coils have been replaced by one quad terminal coil (a mechanical change for simplicity). There is a tach output to interface directly to a 914 tach.

The injection strategy was modified to inject a bank every 2 engine revolutions instead of every revolution. This reduced the injector error at short injector times.

Battery voltage compensation for injector open time and dwell are implemented.

Starting fuel feature implemented (Cold start valve not required).

TPS change (derivative) enrichment implemented (An improvement over throttle switch).

Temperature enrichment is implemented. Weather is starting to cool down now for better setup and testing.

A case has been designed by volunteer Mark Bland. He is also a 914 owner. He is also designing the sensor interrupter for manufacture.

Fuel pump, master relay drive, and stall shut-off impemented

Testing on a kitcar with a type3 engine in progress. Runs very well, a great improvement over the carb. Started without hesitation the first try. What a warm feeling!
Why type3 instead of 914?, the kitcar tail is removed with 2 bolts, for easy engine access. Type3 is a baby 914. 914 application comming soon.

An improved bench simulator, and test set has been developed.

A software programmer is developing PC application to dress up the MMI, all setup at the present time with a VT100 terminal emulator running on a Palm® or PC. Setup screens will be posted on my website.

I need a Dyno. Any leads on a reasonably priced ones are welcome. Interested in both engine and chassis types. Even consider a tractor dyno, driven by an axle.

That's all folks!

KitCarlson Please visit http://home.mindspring.com/~dave.c/kitcarlson/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
KitCarlson   Kitcarlson EMS update   Oct 6 2003, 06:14 PM
Charles Deutsch   Very cool! Can't wait to see the dyno resu...   Oct 6 2003, 06:25 PM
Mark Henry   Got an estimated cost on it? Why I ask is because...   Oct 6 2003, 06:57 PM
Charles Deutsch   I can buy a Dual 44 IDF Weber Kit for about ...   Oct 6 2003, 07:13 PM
KitCarlson   The system will be affordable. I like to get the ...   Oct 7 2003, 11:25 AM
Charles Deutsch   I love this nuts and bolts, err, transistors and r...   Oct 7 2003, 11:55 AM
redshift   I am interested in replacing my D-jet, yes. Been ...   Oct 7 2003, 06:16 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut  
  Oct 7 2003, 08:03 PM
Charles Deutsch  
Tune it from the passenger seat using a lap top an...   Oct 7 2003, 08:08 PM
Aaron Cox   anyone use cb performance's Digital fuel injec...   Oct 7 2003, 08:28 PM
redshift   Thanks for that link. M   Oct 7 2003, 08:28 PM
Mark Henry     Oct 7 2003, 10:45 PM
jkeyzer   If you use multiple TB's, where do you get the...   Oct 7 2003, 10:53 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut   Humm, I've heard that the CB system is pretty ...   Oct 7 2003, 10:54 PM
Mueller  
  Oct 8 2003, 12:12 AM
jkeyzer   I wonder if you could run 4 lines to 4 separate MA...   Oct 8 2003, 12:23 AM
Air_Cooled_Nut   Oh god, yeah, you could, if you wanted to waste......   Oct 8 2003, 01:20 AM
Mark Henry   My SDS system runs on both the TPS and MPS, or jus...   Oct 8 2003, 07:26 AM
KitCarlson   EMS setup: In answer about Jeff's question ab...   Oct 8 2003, 07:56 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 03:11 AM